UMBC Success Version 1:
Between versions 1 and 2, I think I got a bit more creative with UMBC Success and had a more targeted approach with the text. I did not change the second logo item and only slightly altered the second text example, but the others were either redone or edited. I thought this task had several upsides in terms of anything goes, but I struggled with it in terms of a practical business move. For example, I think my logos themselves could be more creative, but the text is where I thought I could get away with being both creative and practical because people could put context with the creativity. I think this week’s project really tested my own person design style because we could do whatever we wanted, and I found that even have a “blank page” to work with, I still gravitate towards more traditional fonts/sizes and a square/rectangular feel.
For the first set, I was trying to stay in the black, yellow, and red theme, but I think my sizing is off on the logo.
For the second set, I was trying to go with Red, White, and Blue and play on the “American Dream” theme.
For the third set, I wanted to use color, but still keep the design very clean cut.
For the combination, I tried to stick with the same themes. I think overall, the idea to highlight certain words/phrases help break up the text and allows readers to get a quick blurb right off the bat. I was definitely challenged by this project, but have much more respect for designers that have little direction to go off of and can come up with wonderful designs.