The icon assignment was probably the most challenging assignment for me this semester. Below are all three versions of my icons, including hand drawn icons, and two computer versions.
I think one of the reasons this assignment challenged me so much is because it forced me to focus on skills that I feel are my weakest: an open ended project using programs I am not the most familiar with using.
Here is my version 0. I strongly valued our in class activity with creating these icons because it really helped me to think outside of the box.
Below are my first versions using a computer.
For my second attempt, I updated some icons that I thought needed to be updated including the art and PE ones. I thought some of my first attempts worked well so I kept them. Below is my version 2:
I think my biggest struggle throughout this assignment was getting onto “paper” what I was envisioning. As I became more comfortable using the computer to create icons, I felt they improved dramatically from basic lines to having more character. Overall, I’m happy with the icons because I did feel I improved from version 0 to 2.